TAMARIND CHUTNEY RECIPE
Imli Chutney (#LC14010): Sweet and sour is how we like to describe this chutney as. This tamarind infused chutney complements most of the Indian street food.
Kashmiri red chilli powder
How to make tamarind chutney recipe?
1. Prepare the ingredients. The Tamarind pulp should be strained and without any lumps or fibres. If using tamarind block, add some hot water and keep for a 15- 20 mins. Straining this to obtain the clean concentrate.
2. Mix the tamarind concentrate or pulp and sugar together. Add water if not added before to make pulp and boil in a thick bottomed pan. Simmer on low heat until the sugar is fully melted.
3. Add onion seeds, jeera powder, kashmiri red chill powder and salt to taste, above the mixture.
4. Let it boil till it thickens a bit. Cool it down to room temperature.
5. This chutney can be stored in a jar for future use.
Cooking Pot - Kadai