HYDERABADI CHICKEN BIRYANI RECIPE
Hyderabadi Chicken Biriyani (#LC14056): It is a flavourful Indian rice recipe cooked with chicken and spices in one pot.
Red Chili Powder
1 1/4 teaspoon
Garam masala powder
1 1/2 liter
How to make hyderabadi chicken biryani recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Heat oil in a Kadai / cooking pan and deep fry the onions till it browns stirring often. Remove on to absorbent paper & drain.
3. TO MAKE THE MARINATE: In a large mixing bowl, add yogurt, green chilli, turmeric, red chilli powder, ginger, garlic paste.
4. Add garam masala, small cup of fried onions, fresh coriander leaves, fresh mint leaves, lemon juice and salt. Whisk well.
5. Add chicken pieces to the marinade and mix well to coat all the pieces.
6. Cover with cling film and keep in the refrigerator to marinate for 8-9 hours or overnight. You have to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
7. TO MAKE THE BIRYANI: Soak the saffron strands in milk. Set aside.
8. In a large deep pot, boil the water and add the salt.
9. Add the washed basmati rice until half cooked.
10. Drain with colander to remove the excess water.
11. Sprinkle green cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves, black cardamom, black peppercorn and kewra water over the rice. Mix well .
12. Pour the ghee all over the rice evenly
13. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator.
14. Take a non-stick thick bottomed deep pan with lid and spread the marinated chicken evenly at the bottom.
15. Add the rice on top of the chicken. You can add more than 1 layer if there is larger quantities.
16. Sprinkle the remaining half of the fried onions, kewra water, fresh mint, fresh coriander and ginger strips.
17. Add saffron milk (prepared earlier and set aside), milk and ghee
18. Seal the pan with aluminium foil and cover with a lid.
19. Cook on low heat for 25-30 minutes or until both chicken and rice are completely cooked. Adjust the cooking time if cooking larger quantities.
Cooking pot -Deep - with lid
Thick bottomed Pan