FRUIT TARTS RECIPE
Fruit tarts Recipe (#LC14068): Fruit tarts are bread crusted tarts filled with light, creamy custard filling and topped with fresh fruits of your choice.
All Purpose flour
How to make fruit tarts recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Preheat oven to 180 °C
3. PREPARATION OF PASTRY: In a large mixing bowl, sift All purpose flour and add the caster sugar.
4. Add the butter cubes and rub the butter into the flour using fingers until it looks like breadcrumbs.
5. To the mixture add the beaten egg to make soft dough.
6. Wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for half an hour.
7. After half an hour, remove from fridge and roll the dough with a rolling pin on a well floured surface to about 5mm thickness.
8. Grease the tart moulds with butter. Line the tart moulds with the rolled out dough sheet. Gently press down the dough along the edges and corners and remove excess from the top. a fork prick all over the base (also known as dock) & chill again for 20 minutes.
9. Put some baking beans (dry chick peas or kidney beans can also be used) and blind bake at 180°C preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven let it cool a little & remove the beans.
10. FOR THE CUSTARD FILLING: Mix the Sugar and custard powder in mixing bowl and add milk.
11. Place the sauce pan on low-medium heat and pour the mixture . Cook stirring continuously until thick. Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl to cool.
12. TOPPING: Slice fruits of your choice. We have used Kiwi and strawberries.
13. Spoon the custard into the tart.
14. Decorate with plenty of sliced fruits.
15. Combine hot water and apricot jam and let cook. Apply the apricot jam by using a brush lightly on the fruits.
16. Serve chilled.