CHICKEN AND LEEKS VOL AU VENT RECIPE
CHICKEN AND LEEKS VOL AU VENT RECIPE (#LC14099): Chicken leeks vol au vent recipe is a little puff pastry cases that are filled with chicken and leeks. The filling can be made with mushrooms and leeks as well which will be called mushroom and leeks vol au vent. A delicious canape that you should try! Garnish it with dry parsely and dill.
All Purpose flour
How to make chicken and leeks vol au vent recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
3. Heat unsalted butter in a pan. Add chopped onions, leeks and saute on medium heat.
4. Add the diced chicken, salt and pepper. Sprinkle all purpose flour and saute.
5. Add the milk and cook until sauce has thickened. Adjust seasoning and set aside.
6. Roll out puff pastry. With a round pastry cutter, cut out the pastry for the base. Using a smaller cutter, cut another batch of pastry.
7. Cut out the middle of the small pastry, creating rings.
8. Brush the base with egg wash and place the pastry rings on top.
9. Bake for 12-13 minutes at 180°C / 350°F.
10. Cut the top cap with the help of knife, and spoon the filling in the baked cases. Bake with filling for 3 minutes.
11. Garnish with parsley and dill. Serve hot.
Cutter - Round