CHEESE STRAW RECIPE
Cheese Straw Recipe (#LC14085) : Cheese straw is a great party snack combining shredded cheese with butter, flour and salt and it is the traditional food of Southern United States.
How to make cheese straw recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Preheat oven to 200°C.
3. Roll out the puff pastry to about 3mm thickness.
4. Brush the surface with beaten egg.
5. Sprinkle each rectangle evenly with parmesan cheese, salt, cayenne pepper and mixed herbs.
6. Cut into strips of about 1x 8 cm
7. Prepare the baking tray with paper leaving the sides of 1 cm empty. Brush the edge of the tray with some butter. Twist & lay out the strips about an inch apart.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes at about 200°C or until puffed and lightly browned.
9. This is a good quick snack to make.
International RecipesArabic Recipes